I'm going to vent about dinner time for just a minute. I know I am not the only one, because some of the ladies that come out and chat from the neighborhood have the same problem. Here's the way it works at our house. I get up in the morning and wonder what to do for the day, then I think about dinner...
"ahh, what am I going to do for dinner!?" (my inner angry voice asks)
Then, the day goes on. I get the kids lunch and into bed for naps and...
"ahh, what am I going to do for dinner!?" (my inner angry voice asks)
Then it's "me time" so I go to do the things on the list that can't be done while the kids are under foot, and I forget about dinner.
Then the kids start to wake up, I look at the clock and
"ahh, what am I going to do for dinner!?" (my inner, angry, at witt's end voice asks)
Then the kids want to play outside, and the other moms are gathering. I go out just to say that I can't come out to play because I have to worry about dinner, but I get chatting...who knows what we say, but we get chatting.
The inner voice keeps nagging, but now it's too hard to rein in the kids only to go in and stare at the fridge and wonder what to do for dinner. Even if I had an idea, I don't have the ingredients for it. Then a new idea forms and it's too late to thaw the meat. I'm telling you, the dinner thing is really annoying. I have plenty of food, I just don't know what sounds good.
So, I stay outside and play, then come in to hastily warm up a bowl of soup or eat cheesy tortillas for the 4th day in a row.
No comments:
Post a Comment