I remember when I first started driving to Smithfield. I was living in Logan, going to USU and I'd drive out to Smithfield because that's where the baseball games were played. I remember getting off work and feeling like the drive might as well have been to the Idaho border because it was so far away. I liked the town though. It was super small and it didn't have many stores.
When Mike and I were dating, he talked about moving a trailer up to the trailer park in Smithfield. He had just sold one in the park and knew that there was an opening.
We moved a trailer into it and that's where we spent our first year of marriage.
The new Lee's was built and things weren't feeling so small anymore. Now, I was driving into Logan every day for school and that drive still felt so far.
A friend of ours moved into a little subdivision up Smithfield Canyon and we went up to visit him. We saw a house that was for sale and found out it was a repo. We put in a bid and next thing you know, we were homeowners in Smithfield.
We never thought we'd stay.
Today, I yelled out loud when I heard the prophet announce that there would be a temple in Smithfield, Ut.
I had just told the kids that I hoped there would be one close to us because I knew the Logan temple remodel would make it hard for us to attend the temple. Brigham City is close, but the temple patrons pack the Logan Temple and I knew it would be hard to move that large of a crowd through the smaller Brigham City temple.
So, I've been worried about it ever since they announced plans to remodel the old pioneer built temples.
There are no worries now! We're getting a temple in Smithfield!
I got a text, shortly after the announcement, from a friend of mine. She said that Sam must be on the temple committee in heaven. I laughed and agreed, but then I thought about it and it made me smile to think that Sam might have put in his pitch for putting the temple near his family. It can only help us be stronger as we continue to walk through this life.
Allie emphatically said "I can get married in my home town!"
Jason and Nathan are hoping it's done in time for them to go do baptisms for the dead for the first time in that temple.
Jake wondered if it would be done in time for him to go there before he goes on his mission.
So, now we wait. I can hardly wait. I'm excited for all the temples to open back up again. Our Logan temple is opening up again for baptisms for the dead. I made an appt for later in July. It's all coming around the corner. I see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Life is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment