Grandma came up and took Allie shopping. She picked out some new school clothes and got a walking dog that she has had her eye on for a long time. When my mom was unloading the new clothes onto the counter, she told me she had gotten her a pink sweatshirt because Allie told her all she has is boy hand me downs. I had to laugh because it's true. I do make her wear Jake's old sweatshirts. What's wrong with that? I always wore boys clothes as a kid. (I guess I was older than her, but still...)
Anyway, last year, as Allie was putting on her jacket, some boy in her class told her it was a boy's jacket and she came home sad.
Seriously? Since when is a red and black jacket only considered a "boy's" jacket. Oh well, she's all hooked up with pink for this year.
They came home for her requested dinner of stroganoff. She ate more than Mike. That girl loves stroganoff.
She got phone calls and cards of people wishing her a happy birthday and she loved it all. I'm sure it's hard to come back to reality after all that attention. She is one lucky girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment