Monday, July 13, 2015

Grandma's House

The week after school got out, we went down to Grandma's house.  She was out of town for a long time and had just gotten back.  I promised her a day of slave labor for Mother's Day, so it was time to pay up.  It was also the anniversary of my dad's death, so we went to his favorite steak restaurant and ate a steak for him.    
 I took a picture of the kids sleeping area.  You can tell they were not in any mood to sleep.  They just wanted to be crazy monkeys.





 Allie and I went to Grandma's mother/daughter night at her ward.  She got to get a fancy hair do and we made some cute necklaces.  It was fun to see the ladies that I grew up with as leaders and teachers in church.  I got told over and over again that my little Allie girl looks just like me when I was little.  


 Jason had fun playing with Grandma's toys.

We did some yard work and the kids all found a snail to torment for the day.
This one is Nate's snail named Sticky.


 There were some really big ones that are just beyond gross.



They all had a great time playing with cousins.  I didn't take any pictures of the things that they did, but they made up a cute club house in the gazebo and had signs drawn up and everything.  It was fun to see them all getting along so well.


It was really fun to go down.  I usually feel like I am just bringing my chaos to my mom's house and that I am never any help to her.  She comes to my house and is Cinderella for the day and all I do in return is bring children who pee on her carpet and break her tea set from China.  This time, I did get some work done and even though Nate spilled a 44 ounce drink on her Persian rug, I feel like we might have balanced things out enough.

1 comment:

parkhurstparty.blogspot.com said...

That was a way fun weekend spent with you guys! I love how well the kids play!