Before the black hole of the surgery, I canned applesauce. Things just kept getting put in front of the apples...fun trips, hospital stays, birthdays, lame stuff, and fun stuff. It was on my list though and I really wanted to get it done. The kids helped out and after a surprising number of hours, we had over 70 bottles of applesauce and juice to put on the shelf.
Jake was the muscle behind the operation. He brought in the boxes of apples and then hauled the applesauce downstairs for me.
Jason was a great helper too, but I realized later when I was cutting up the apples that he was sampling them along the way...
I'm bummed that I didn't get any pictures of the finished work. It was a seriously big deal. My kids love applesauce and we didn't even wait very long to open our first bottle. We also have a new stockpile of fruit leather. We love apples!
No comments:
Post a Comment