Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Gas

We have had to have lots of uncomfortable conversations at our house lately.  I told you that Nate uses colonoscopy correctly in a sentence.  Anyway, this surgery has thrown me for a loop.  I can deal with the pain part.  I don't even really have much pain from that anymore.  The problem is that I got an ileus after my surgery.  Part of my bowel fell asleep and it took a while to get things going again.  I puked my super sore guts out and couldn't leave the hospital until I could keep something down.  I can finally eat now, but it makes me pretty sick.  I feel like I have the stomach flu all day long.  I'm not trying to complain (actually, I probably am), I'm just setting the scene for the story.  The last few days have been centered around trying to find foods that I can eat and have the least upset stomach from.  My mom and I have gotten online and tried to figure things out, so we were chatting about it this morning...here's the conversation...

Me: I wish I could have that broccoli cheese soup that I pinned the other day.  That sounds good.

Mom: Yeah, but I think that would be bad.  Broccoli can give you gas.

Me:  I love broccoli.  I'll be sad if I can't ever have that again.

Jason:  If you have gas you can go fast like a car!


No comments: