Saturday, November 25, 2017

Welcome To New York!

When Mike and I were first married, I used to tell him that I wanted him to give me a box Bronco for my 40th birthday.  Then, they got "cool" and everyone started to buy them up and they became super crazy expensive.  As I approached 40, Mike asked me if I really wanted the Bronco and I reluctantly told him that it wasn't practical (it would never fit the whole family).  Even if we bought a junker and fixed it up, we'd be in it more than a new car, so I said he didn't really have to get me one for my birthday.  We decided to go on a fun trip instead.  He told me I could pick anywhere.  My initial thoughts were to go to Europe.  But, then I remembered that we have kids...and Mike has a job.  It's almost as practical for us to jet off to Europe as it is for me to get a box Bronco.  
I thought of all the other fun places to go, but even as I thought of all my options, I kept going back to New York, or D.C. in the fall.  We settled on flying into New York City and driving to Pittsburgh to fly home from there.  It ended up being one for the books.  We had such a great time. 
We started out our day on October 17th.  We got on a plane and, after a stop in Denver, ended up at LaGuardia at 6 o'clock that evening.  
Mike had accumulated enough hotel points that we were able to stay in a hotel just a few blocks from Times Square.  So, we got settled and went for a walk into the city.



It's crazy how it can be dark, but as soon as you approach Times Square, it is as bright as day.  
We walked around a bit and looked for a place to eat.  We ended up just finding an Italian place a few blocks from our hotel.  
Mike was a bit overwhelmed by all the people, but he did okay.  We walked around a bit and took in the sights, and then settled in at our hotel.  It was a great start to the trip.





No comments: