Jake is really into earth science, and he really likes a volcano movie that we have checked out from the library. So, I centered the party around that. We colored dinosaurs and read dinosaur books. Then we had a volcano explosion that turned out to be a dud (my baking soda and vinegar all just leaked out the bottom rather than up the funnel). But what I thought was the coolest part was the cake. My friend Nat gave me the idea to use dry ice in a can to make it smoke. It was a total hit.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
The Party
Jake is really into earth science, and he really likes a volcano movie that we have checked out from the library. So, I centered the party around that. We colored dinosaurs and read dinosaur books. Then we had a volcano explosion that turned out to be a dud (my baking soda and vinegar all just leaked out the bottom rather than up the funnel). But what I thought was the coolest part was the cake. My friend Nat gave me the idea to use dry ice in a can to make it smoke. It was a total hit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Jake! That cake looks really cool. I bet ALL the kids loved the party. We're having a "truck" party for Jaron this year. I think his cake is going to be in the bed of a tonka truck. We shall see. Aaron & Jaron have January birthdays... they get a little ripped off too. And Baby Girl Eagan is due for Valentine's day. I feel bad... I'm the only one with a "normal" birthday.
That is the coolest cake ever! I love it. The dry ice was a great idea!
Post a Comment