Sunday, December 2, 2012

8

My cute little Jake boy is 8!  He had a wonderful birthday.  Mike was out of town on the actual day, so we celebrated the day before.  

 Jake was happy with his gifts... Lego's, a Nerf gun, an airplane with a propeller, and some underwear :) Yay!
 He chose Lucky Charms as his birthday cereal.


Instead of a birthday party this year, he took his friend Carson to the Jump Zone.  It's a trampoline park here and it was really fun.  He wanted his cake to be a trampoline.  So this was my effort at it.  Can't you tell that those blue things are kids jumping?
I tried to talk him into dark frosting so it looked more like a trampoline mat, but he was firm on yellow.  The inside was blue and green.


 This looked so fun to me.  I think I'll have to return to the Jump Zone and try this out.  They were doing all sorts of fun flips.



 Jake requested nachos for his birthday dinner.  This looks pretty gross, but they weren't bad.


Jake...it just doesn't seem all that long ago that I looked forward to your birth.  Then you were here and my heart grew to love more than I could have imagined possible.  Your happy disposition made it so fun to be around you.  I am so blessed to be your mom.



You still make me smile every day and I love to watch you grow up and change.  You still give me a hug and a kiss each night before bed and you remind me to say family prayers before school.  You are a responsible kid and although you can make me a bit crazy at homework and piano practice time, I am grateful that you are smart and talented.  I love that you enjoy life.  I love to hear of your outdoor adventures and the fun things you learn in school.
I can't imagine life without you.  Thanks for being my sweet boy forever.
Love,
Mom

No comments: