Last Saturday, Mike said he would mop the floor for me. I thought that was a great idea! I swept and got out the things he needed to mop the floor. Next thing I know, he's dragging our big carpet outside. Then he moved the dining room table and took away the one under that. It became a big spring cleaning day. We took a magic eraser to all the marks on the floor that have taunted us for years, and now the floor looks great! It isn't very much fun to haul out that big carpet rug that we have in our living room, but when we do, I always look at my beautiful wood floor and just love it. I wish it weren't so loud in the house with the wood and the vaulted ceiling, or I'd do away with that rug for good.
Allie was a great helper with the project and was the one to find all the spots to get up with the magic eraser. Jake watched the boys downstairs.
I wasn't too excited about the simple mop job turning into a big family project, but it is nice in the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment