Jake earned enough reading points to rock the halls! Yay Jake! He was really looking forward to earning his medal and was glad to be able to run down the halls to the deafening screams of the other kids.
I love that this is such a big deal to all the kids. They are all proud of themselves and are excited for the others when it's their turn to rock the halls.
Allie was so excited for Jake. She said she yelled so loud for him that it scared the kids around her.
There were a few other neighbors who ran with Jake, so it was fun to get a picture of them together.
Then, what picture would be complete without a photo bomb from the little brother who came to cheer you on?
Good job Jake! I'm glad you love to read!
As a side note, Jake started reading The 39 Clues series and I have them on audio. I decided to listen to one so I could know what he was talking about and it wasn't too bad. So now we are having a "reading race" against each other. He's on book 5 and I just finished the second book. I am quite excited to read the one he's on right now though because it's set in Russia and they talk about Rasputin. I've been in his house in Russia and have always thought he was an interesting character, so I'm excited to see what they say about him in the book. How's that for nerdy?
1 comment:
Way to go Jake!
Post a Comment