Guess where I got to be today...
The Logan Temple! Try not to be too jealous.
Last time I was up on the temple grounds, for Sam's birthday, I got a phone call from my friend Natalie. I was walking away and getting back to my car, so I answered and before she even had a chance to speak, I was telling her how much I missed going to the temple, but how neat it was that I could still feel peace just being on the grounds. I was blubbering about my Sam boy and surprised at the emotions I was feeling. When I finally paused and gave her the chance to state the reason for the call, she told me that she had felt impressed to call right then because she had some exciting news. Her son Zack (who has been set apart as a missionary and has been studying in his home MTC) was going through the temple for the first time. They had a few people who couldn't go (including her sisters) and she said I could go as her "sister". She had known for a while that she would have an opening and had planned on calling me, but the spirit had told her to call now. Once again, there were little tender mercies from my Heavenly Father letting me know that what was important to me was important to Him. Nat called me at the perfect time. I was so excited that she had invited me to go, that Zack would be happy to have me there, and that I would have the chance to be in the House of the Lord again.
It was so neat to be there with a relatively small crowd. I've known Natalie's family for 30 years now. (Is that even possible?!) I went to Russia with most of the people in this picture and it was so fun to see them again.


No comments:
Post a Comment