It's my final P day in the air conditioned MTC! I can't wait to get out there and live in a hut. In terms of the language, I figured out how sentences are built and structured. So all I need to do is build up my vocab and I'll be a bisdak (that's cebuano for local). General conference was pretty sick. I took some fire notes and only fell asleep twice. I have been sick the last couple days so that's my excuse. I drifted off during the raising your kids talk and tipped over into the row. It was probably the most embarrassing moment of my life. My chair tipped over and made a giant clang and it was the most surreal experience because one second I'm drifting off and the next second I'm on the ground with everyone looking at me. That wasn't all the general conference drama. My district mate brought a 2 liter mountain dew to the activity center where there was a strict no dewski policy. Of course, he then took the entire thing down in a half hour. Right as he was taking his last sip the mission president himself came over and yoinked it. I thought it was hilarious, but then me and my companion got called into his office. Since we are MTC zone leaders it was our responsibility to not let him bring it in. Oh well its not the worst thing to get in trouble for. We are packing up and leaving in two days and only have one day of class left. I'm hyped to get out there and do some cool gospel stuff. I was told there is an area that includes a remote island where the only white people they see are missionaries. I'm hearing more and more stories of missionaries blessing the sick and converting whole families and I can't wait. There is a picture pinned up on the notice board of this skinny missionary baptizing this old man in the ocean with men gathering fishing nets in the background. I can't wait to be that guy. I'm missing you all but not too much. Don't do anything too fun without me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment