Holy cow what a week! I feel like I say that every week, but this week was especially crazy. I have recovered a lot since my last email and things really picked up since my last P day. The day after p day was zone conference and I felt good enough to go which was the right choice. It was really cool to talk to other missionaries who had some great advice.
Wednesday was great too. We had a baptismal interview for a younger boy. His name is Pauli and he was the only member of his family to get baptized. His mom died when he was young, and he has no siblings. I think that would be really tough. He lives right next to the church though and played basketball and volleyball with the members which is what led him to want to be baptized. It really showed me that my life is pretty great.
Thursday we visited some inactive members, and did some finding. We were walking down this residential kind of area and a chihuahua ran up to me and started nipping at my ankles. Then like 4 more dogs ran out of the bushes and started chasing me. I whipped out my umbrella and was about to beat them back when a young guy came out and shooed the dogs away. He was interested in the message and we shared a quick message with him which was cool. We did some non member visits and finding for Friday and Saturday. We walked into a less active member house and the couple we taught looked like actual skeletons. They were nice though and loved our visit. The song I noticed myself singing in my head this week was one by Roger Miller. "You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd" the chorus of the song is "you can't roller skate in a buffalo herd, but you can be happy if you put your mind to. Knuckle down, buckle down, do it do it do it." I've really found that if I try to serve the Lord to the best of my ability, I am far more happy and successful. There are things I don't have, like air conditioning, running water, and a good roof. But I can be happy if I put my mind to it. Anyway don't do anything too fun without me, and enjoy the cool weather for me.
Jake




No comments:
Post a Comment