Monday, November 6, 2023

Paper Airplanes and the Hershey Squirts

How's it going everyone?. I think this is week 4 in Mandaue. I'm getting pretty used to the heat and the crazy atmosphere here, but it is still something different every day. We played early morning basketball with the members today. We were going to go to the Mactan shrine for a district activity which is the place where Magellan was supposedly killed, but it got cancelled because half of our district was out with food poisoning. We played ball instead which was fun but we played in like 95 degrees and humidity and it was 6:30 in the morning. By the end of the games we played, I legitimately looked like I fell into a fountain. 

This week we did a lot of visiting inactive members and we found two new interested people, or rather my companion did. They are sisters and their names are Beyonce and Britany which are the two most non Filipino names I have ever heard. They are really nice and when you see the pictures you will understand why my companion found them. Its so funny how like every Filipino in our district wanted to teach her. 
Anyway, speaking of food poisoning. Me and my companion went to a member house for a dinner appointment and it was great, but then they brought out oysters. I gave em a try and the members didn't expect me to munch too much, but my companion loved them and ate a whole bunch. Not even 45 minutes later, we were on rotation for our tiny bathroom. I only ate a little so I just had the runs, but my companion was barfing too so we were out for a day.  
We did some non member appointments then Stake Conference on Saturday and Sunday. The head honcho of the Philippines, Elder Bangerter, spoke and it was really good. 
Anyway, for a spiritual thought. I'll talk about paper airplanes. While me and my companion were down in the apartment. we had a paper airplane competition. As y'all know, you have to bend and fold a normal sheet of paper to get it to fly. Like paper airplanes, the Lord uses trials and problems to bend and fold us so we can fly. 
Anyway, don't have too much fun without me, and enjoy the cold weather.






 

No comments: