Monday, December 25, 2023

Christmas and Fireworks

How's it going everyone. This last week was another week full of Philippines insanity. To start, we taught both of our investigators on Tuesday. It is so fun to teach lessons where they are into the gospel. I've gotten so good at recognizing the promptings of the spirit which is so fun. They are both on baptismal date. In case I totally spoofed this in my last email, we taught Ryan, who was one of our investigators, his second lesson a bit ago. We felt prompted to teach him about prayer and how God cares about us and is willing to help us with anything. We told him if he prayed with real intent, he would get help. We left and the next day he texted us and said his prayer was answered. He was out of a job and wanted a chance to make money for Christmas. A little while after he prayed, he got a job offer to be a waiter at a restaurant. It cant get much better than that. 

We didn't have any more teaching appointments the rest of the week because literally all of our investigators were gone for Christmas. So we tried to build up our teaching pool the rest of the week. We did have a dinner appointment appointment once a day though, and since today is Christmas we have like 3 in one day. On Christmas Eve we went to the bishops house for their whole family Christmas party. It was probably the first time I've eaten that much food other than Thanksgiving at home. After that, we had games which were so fun. The way they did things was that the loser doesn't get a punishment, but second and third place do. Because "second place is first loser" we were playing a tongue twister game where you cant show your teeth. It was down to me and the bishop and while we were going, his chair broke and he slo-mo fell backwards. I promptly laughed as a normal person does and I showed my teeth, so as a punishment for losing, I had to dance with my companion who got third place. 
Anyway for a spiritual thought, I'll talk about Christmas. It is important to remember Christ's birth, but it is even more important to remember why we remember Him. The atonement He gave to us is the greatest gift of all and we need to use it. If we don't, its like getting a brand new car for Christmas and never driving it. 
Anyway have fun and don't have too much fun without me.







 

No comments: