How's it going guys. This is week 98 out of 4. This week has been so packed with stories I don't know where to start. On Tuesday, we taught a new investigator named Claire who just moved to Mandaue from the country to go to college. she is really interested in the message and we have been teaching her almost daily. It's really funny because when we do teach lessons to her, we go to the home she is staying at with her friend who is a Japanese woman who can't walk. It is a super tiny house and we sit on the floor, which isn't bad, but it means we are constantly barraged by a litter of puppies that her dog had. She leaves the door open to make the house feel bigger and the puppies are just outside the door. The devil works in clever ways to interfere with the work I guess. While we were mid lesson, one stole my shoe that was sitting by the door and I had to chase him down.
Monday, December 11, 2023
Christmas in the Party City
Wednesday we taught Beyonce and Leslie again. They are progressing pretty fast but I'm not as sure they are ready to be baptized.
Thursday we taught Claire again and the spirit was extra strong. We felt prompted to extend a baptismal invitation and she agreed. Hopefully, she will get baptized on the 30th of December.
Friday was the day of the ward party. This thing was actually insane. It went from 4 to 9, and it was never boring the whole time. We had different investigators coming at different times so we stayed for the whole thing, and it was crazy. I knew I was in for a something new when me and my companion could hear the bass from the music from around the block. They started with a presentation competition between all the auxiliaries, like the elders quorum, primary, youth, etc. We, as missionaries, prepared a presentation where we sang a popular Cebuano Christmas song. We got to the third verse and everyone got up and did a conga line around the gym. I wish I had a video so bad. The primary made a green screen presentation where they went back in time to the 80s. Me and my comp were dying because of how bad it was but I love their enthusiasm.
Then they had a raffle for gifts that the members in the ward presented. I was hoping the whole time that my name wouldn't get called because I would feel guilty just taking the prizes away from someone in need. The one time I actually win a raffle I didn't want to win. Luckily it was only ramen. The party ended with a giant feast. They brought 3 whole lechons which are whole pigs that are spit roasted with veggies crammed inside. It was some of the best food I have eaten here, but they might not have cooked it long enough because I've had the runs pretty bad for the last few days. Saturday was much more chill. We worked with some ward members to visit some referrals. We met a family that is friends with a lot of ward members. We mainly just got to know them and are going to go back to teach gospel stuff.
On Sunday, me and my companion were asked to speak on ministering. I gave a pretty good Cebuano talk if I do say so myself, whether or not it worked is up in the air right now. We visited Claire again on Sunday then had a dinner appointment at a members house. The whole time we were there, their little kid kept on trying to smear cake on my clothes. As soon as we stopped paying attention to him he would grab a handful of cake and charge. Luckily my reflexes are pretty good, and he is like 4 so I escaped unharmed.
For my spiritual thought, I will just say that Christmas time is special and shouldn't be taken for granted. There is so much joy surrounding Christmas, so take advantage of it and spread the joy.
Don't do anything too fun without me.
For context on the pictures
1. The "buses" we ride are tiny so when I have to stand I hurt my neck.
2. Going to meet some new people with the members
3. Teaching Claire in the tiny house
4. Me and my comp at the Christmas party
5.the best sunset in Mandaue so far
6. We found a Crispy Creme in one of the malls
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment