Sunday, July 14, 2013

A four wheeler story...

The other day, I was riding with the boys up the canyon and I looked down at the cute little bodies in my arms and I wished that I had my camera.  Nate had his arm around Jason and I had my arm around both of them.  We were looking at a beautiful clear blue sky and a smattering of wild flowers on the hill side.  It was all so magical...I wanted a picture of it.  I wanted to take it from the angle of what I see every day.  My cute Nate holding on to the handlebars with his feet kicked up, or Jason's head bobbing as he started to grow sleepy.  They are memories of a daily event that I love.  I wanted to capture that.  Is it too much to ask?  I came to find out that it was.
I asked Mike to help me out.  He wasn't getting the vision of things, and as many of you know, he hates pictures anyway, so he only gave it a half-hearted try.  This is the best of what came from that. 


 Then he left, and I started taking them.  I ended up with a lot of these...





Then Nate started to get bored of sitting there and not going anywhere.

So he started the wheeler.  He knows how to do that of course...


I didn't know he could put it in gear though...and he did that.  All the while, I am snapping pictures thinking that it was cute because it tells my story (the one of our perfect daily wheeler rides).

Then he started pushing on the gas....


This was also fine because I had my foot on the brake...right?  Well, just after this picture was snapped, I found out that my foot wasn't securely on the brake and we shot across the road.  I had Jason firmly in one arm, (and luckily the camera strap was around my neck) but I had fallen back on the wheeler and couldn't pry Nate's hand off the gas.  Luckily he let go, but that also meant that I shot forward over the handlebars with Jason.  Sadly, Jason's chunky leg and Nate's body prevented us from going all the way over.  Jason's leg is still bruised from the handlebars and my wrist might never be the same.  (Kidding, but it does hurt.)  I'm not sure if Nate has learned his lesson because he still loves to push on the gas, but I know I have learned my lesson.  My foot is always securely on the brake and I haven't tried to re-create the "perfect" picture again.  That will just have to live on in my memory.

No comments: