Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Allie

I've told you before that Allie has a hard time falling asleep.  I can send both kids to bed and Jake is asleep in minutes while Allie tosses and turns and eventually comes out to tell me she can't sleep.  On nights that she doesn't come out, I find evidence of her sleeplessness when I go to check on her later.  Toys will be strewn all over the room, or there will be countless drawings stacked up next to her crayons.  I feel bad for her, but I get so mad when I find her awake in her room long after even Mike has fallen asleep.
Anyway, that's the background info, and here's the picture...

On this night, we had gotten some videos from the library and she had set herself up for a "late night".  They call it a late night if I let them watch a video before bed.  When they were younger, we'd start our "late nights" at 7 on a Friday night and Jake would be asleep before the movie ended.  Allie has started having her "late nights" alone.  When things are quiet, I just assume she is sleeping and don't know that she is watching show after show.  No wonder she has such a hard time waking up in the morning.
The thing that makes me smile about this picture is how she set herself up with a little drink of water in the corner in case she woke up thirsty.  I love this girl of mine who is so like me in so many ways...

No comments: