Monday, December 9, 2013

Conversation at the dinner table...

The scene:
Wreck It Ralph was on tv a little while ago and we recorded it.  Since then, the kids have watched it a few times.  When Ralph first shows up in the game Sugar Rush, Vanellope asks him "are you a hobo?" 
Allie has been saying that around the house, or saying things like "why are your hands so freakishly large?"  to Mike.  And Jake will ask why Allie is so "freakishly annoying." Nate has even said "that's adorable" a few times and I think it can be traced back to the movie. 
The other day at dinner, Allie asked me what a hobo was.  I was a hobo for Halloween in 6th grade, so I could picture my costume with a bandana tied on a stick and I tried to explain it to her.  Here's the conversation...

Me: I guess a hobo just goes from place to place all the time.  They used to go along railroad tracks and take trains to new towns.  They don't ever stay in one place for very long. 

Allie:  Ooohhh, like grandma?

Me:  (Laughing....)  What?

Allie:  Well, Grandma is always traveling places.  She's even going to Antartica.

Me:  Grandma isn't a hobo.  She just likes to travel.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I think Allie might be on to something. She does have property next to railroad tracks.

Jen said...

I think Allie might be on to something. She does have property next to railroad tracks.