Nate had a wonderful birthday. He woke up to his favorite thing...balloons. He picked Chex for his birthday breakfast and tried to show me that he was 3 with his fingers.
Later in the day, he got to get the mail. He got a special card from his Aunt Alana and Uncle Steve and was so excited for the money to go buy Skipper (the one plane he wanted and didn't get).
He helped me make the frosting for his cake.
He got really dirty doing that and required a change of clothes.
Then, he posed with his siblings for a picture. That's always a treat.
Here's the finished cake. He loved it.
The hardest part of the whole thing was parting with his planes for the day.
He got grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner with Grandma Bonnie as a special guest.
Then it was time to blow out the candles (with a minor melt down over who was too close to the cake) and gifts. He got some more planes and was really excited about that. I think the new motorcycle would have been enough for him though. He loves those things. I didn't get a picture of him with it yet, but I will later.
It was a great day with my boy Nate. I love him more and more each day. We went through some rough patches where I worried each day if he would make it to the next because he was so wild and crazy. Now those days are just a haze and I am enjoying the fun kid that he is. If you want a good laugh, sit down with him and listen to one of his stories. He is so expressive with his face and hands. He gives all sorts of details of scary monsters and treacherous situations that he finds himself in. He always makes it out okay with only a scrape here and there. The other kids laugh that they can never have their own minute in the spotlight because he always steals their stories and makes them bigger and better. He is smart and funny, cute and endearing. I am always grateful that he is mine.
Happy Birthday Nate boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment