Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Floating the "River"

We had so much rain this spring that the river by our house ran.  The kids were so excited and spent nearly every day down there "floating the river".  I knew there wasn't much more than a trickle, so I went to watch them and see how they were making the trek down the river.  It was pretty funny to watch them navigate the rocks in just a few inches of water.




It is still running just a little, but they can't make it down on their tubes anymore.  It was good while it lasted though and it made me realize that I  miss having the river.  Jake and Carson used to play down there every day when they were little.

 The little boys had fun playing out there and I liked it because I could just sit on the rocks and watch them without chasing them all around the countryside.



We sure are lucky to live in such a great place.  I wish this river could run all summer and into the fall.  It sure keeps the kids entertained.