...Jason has been so funny lately and I wanted to write a few of the things down so I don't forget. You don't think you ever will forget things, but it just happens.
Jason is really dramatic and he has a wild imagination. He has talked about "scary ghosts" and "mosters" for a long time now. Whenever I tell him to hurry up, he'll say "hurry Mom! A moster's coming this way!" and he'll look over his shoulder, give me a scared look and he literally quakes. It's hard not to laugh...or purposely scare him just to see him stand, frozen in fear and shake. He's not really scared, he's just a good actor.
He likes to quote his favorite movie lines and they all go into a loop. When he starts saying one, he goes right to the next one and then to the next and so on.
For example, he'll say "we jumped out the window, shhh! we jumped out the window" (whispered dramatically like in Big Hero 6). "Furry baby! Furry baaaby" (Big Hero 6)."Major Rockstars" (Alvin and the Chipmunks). "Darkness! No parents! Darkness" (Batman from the Lego Movie this one is said in his "devil voice" and can shock anyone new to the devil voice. Then he'll go back to "we jumped out the window".
He usually goes through this routine of movie lines during lunch with Nate. They crack each other up and say the same things over and over.
Nate can control the rewind button on the remote and they rewind their favorite parts of shows over and over and laugh their heads off. I think that's why he knows them so well...including voice inflections.
Jason also loves singing the Silly Monkey song that they sing in Nursery. He mumbles and fumbles his way through most of the song, but he sure loves the part "a naps tha mokey righ out a da tree!" (the crocodile snaps that monkey right out of that tree). He does it with such enthusiasm that it's impossible not to laugh when you watch him snap like a crocodile.
Jason is obsessed with owies. He inspects us (me and Mike) and whenever he comes across a scrape or a scab, or even a mole, he looks concerned and asks "a happened Mommy?" It doesn't matter what you say happened, or if you told him it was a mole, he would continue to ask what happened. Mike started messing with him and started saying that he crashed the snowmobile, or that he crashed the motorcycle.
Now, he finds something and says "a happened mommy? You crash da abeel? a kiss it" (I kiss it).
Not only are all our sores from snowmobile crashes, but his are too. I was trying to get him down for a nap and I started scratching his leg softly to hypnotize him. He was halfway asleep when he jerked away and said "abeel crash" and I remembered that he had scraped his knees and I was probably hurting his scrapes.
He still says "a holdju" when he wants me to hold him.
When he's playing with his cars, he tells them to "roar your gingins" (roar your engines).
He calls my mom "grandpa" even though he can say grandma.
He says "yeyyow" for yellow. He calls chicken nuggets "burgers". He'll say "ewww yuck...that tastes terrible" if he eats something yucky. He has a stuffed animal that says that when you push its tummy, so he has taken it on as a favorite saying.
When he coughs, he dramatically says "a choke!" when he's done.
When he gets in trouble, he says, through his tears "A not a mister", or he angrily accuses an offending person of being a "mister". That is from Mike. Sometimes when one of our kids is throwing a fit, Mike will say "You're in trouble Mr!" in his stern voice, or even "You're gonna get it Mr!" None of the other kids have thought that was anything to bat an eye at, but it sure breaks Jason's heart. His behavior can actually be governed (sometimes) by the threat of being a "Mister".
I can't think of anything else to add right now, but I wish I could follow him around with a video camera all day. It would record all the juicy kisses I get throughout the day and all the times he tells me "a wuv oo Mamma". It would zoom in on his cute little chubby fingers as he expertly swipes the letters into place on the word game he likes to play on the ipad.
It would record a thousand cute things in a day. It would also record a lot of crying stubborn fits. Fits over getting the wrong color bowl at breakfast or the wrong kind of juice in his sippy cup. A fit over being strapped in the car seat. A fit over taking a bath and then a fit when the bath is over. He's a super cute kid, but he's still a tough one.
I sure do love him though and I forgive all the things that make life hard with him because there is so much good about him too. More good than bad, that's for sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad you document this cuteness!!!!
Post a Comment