Monday, September 23, 2019

Eggwina


Allie had to take care of an egg for a project in her class at school.  Her egg's name was Eggwina.  She had to ask me to babysit any time she was somewhere that she couldn't take Eggwina.
One day, on the bus, someone took Eggwina from her and peeled off an eye.  Eggwina had a big hole in her head.  Things were a bit traumatic that night as she worried about having to fill out a child abuse paper and potentially failing her project.
We emailed Allie's teacher and glued on a bigger than usual eye and all was well in the end.
She did learn all kinds of terrifying facts about things that can happen to children though.
She became even more concerned about the way I parent Jason and Nathan.  She worries so much that they are going to suffer some random and horrific fate if I don't keep them under constant and complete supervision.  I'm pretty sure having children of her own will cause her to have ulcers and panic attacks regularly.  :)
She'll find a good balance though.  I just know it.  She's going to be a wonderful parent.  And, now, after having Eggwina, you can be sure, she'll never let someone peel off the eye of her real life kid and get away with it.

No comments: