The kids started school and you'd think that I have all the time in the world now, but I just don't. Plus, I'm out of the groove of taking pictures and blogging. I feel like I've taken all the pictures before. The kids don't say cute things anymore...There's nothing new. I've got to stop thinking that way because the kids really do change all the time. They do say cute things, I just need to listen better and write them down. I love reading back through the years and in order to do that, I need to keep writing.
I need to break free from all this and just get back to me.
So, today when the kids finally got out the door, I took a walk with Charlie. This weather is not to be wasted walking inside on the treadmill. It's for walking outside with Charlie and feeling the warm sun on my face with the cool breeze of the beginning of fall.
Charlie was pretty scared the whole way up the canyon. He stuck to me like glue and had his tail between his legs. When he heard a dog bark, he ran to me and plopped down like he was refusing to go a step further. I don't know why...he was just being a wimp. We ran into my friend a few yards up the road and he tried to climb up my legs like a tired toddler begging to be held. It was so weird. As soon as we broke off the main road, he settled down and had fun smelling all the new things.
I always think it's cool to see our house in a new perspective. We really are down in the trees down there.
I love where I live. Life is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment