My Dad died 17 years ago today.
Today was a busy day in the bakery. The kids had lots of orders so we were hopping all morning. Jake has been taking driver's ed, so he isn't around in the morning. Allie takes the morning shift and Jake takes the afternoon shift.
Anyway, as I helped the kids out, I kept thinking of my dad. I was a bit melancholy. I really wish he could be here to see my kids. I know he'd get a kick out of them. He'd love that they have a bakery.
He'd love that Jason looks so much like him. He'd love that Nathan loves to do a bit of everything (just like him). He'd love that Allie is "purdy as a picture". He'd love that Jake is now taller than him. He'd just love all the things that I love about my kids. He'd brag about them to complete strangers.
It would just be fun to have him around.
Instead, he gets to brag about my cute Sam to anyone who will listen in heaven, and I guess that's pretty cool too.
I'm glad that I had him for as many years as I did and I'm even more glad that I have my awesome mom to brag about my kids and love everything about them. Life is still good, even though it's sometimes sad.
I know the picture is random, but Jake emptied out his driver's ed bag and wanted to take Charlie for a ride and it made me laugh. Poor Charlie.
No comments:
Post a Comment