Thursday, August 24, 2023

First Day

First day of school!
As much as it's hard to start a new school year, I think it's always exciting to have a fresh start.

Nathan was the first out the door this morning.  He is headed out to 7th grade. He's looking forward to playing the cello in orchestra.





The bus comes pretty early so we're carpooling with a neighbor girl.


Allie headed out next.  She's off to her Junior year.

She had to wear her cheer uniform to school but then change at school.  I don't have a picture of her in her real first day of school outfit, so this will have to do.





She is most looking forward to cheering.  School will be hard this year with lots of challenging core classes and some college credit classes.  She'll also be taking the ACT so she's nervous, but I know she'll do well.  She has been able to perform under pressure all her life at school, and high school in particular, so I am confident that she'll do great. 
As for cheer, she's been so fun to watch!  She can do flips that she never thought possible a few years ago.  Cheer is going to be fun for her.  
 


Jason is headed to 5th grade.  He was a little nervous about going to elementary school for the first time without his buddy Nate.  They may fight like crazy, but they are good buddies and will miss each other.



I thought it was sweet that when Nathan and I said a prayer before school, he included Jason in his prayer and prayed that he'd be ok at school without him.  Jason wasn't even awake yet, so when he said his prayer a little later, I thought it was so cute that he prayed for Nate.  He prayed that he'd have a good time in Orchestra and that he'd be able to open his locker up ok.  
They're so lucky to have each other.  I love it.

The bus stop seems small this year.

The bus driver and I had a laugh when she said she'd miss Nathan running to the bus every morning.  I told her she'd be on time for her route because she wouldn't have to wait for the kid to grab his shoes and back pack and run after her barefoot with his coat dangling from his arm.  :)







 It will be a great school year.  I am so excited for the things they will learn and the friends they will make.  They are great kids and I am happy for them.  Life is good!  Even at school.

No comments: