Monday, September 4, 2023

First Email For the Masses

 What a crazy first week. The plane ride was awful. It was 14 hours next to a smelly guy and a "plus sized woman". Then we got picked up by this hilarious Filipino. The way traffic works here is you cut people off or you don't move. Since I got here from last week it's been nothing but the gospel grind. It's been incredibly fun though. The humidity is no joke man. It's a once in a blue moon experience when it isn't raining. My district is way fun and my companion is a total stud. He looks like Chris Hemsworth, went on a foreign exchange trip in France, plays incredible classical piano, and is the chillest dude ever to exist. We were made zone leaders which is kinda cool but sucks cheeks when we have to organise district leaders. I've been getting better at basketball but I keep on getting sauced up by Elder Bigtas (it's pronounced big toss which is an awesome last name) The food is great most of the time but there are always bone fragments in everything. Which is probably training for the field.  Today we ate these crazy hot peppers for fun. I'm not sure what type they were but they were painful. I'll attach a video if I can. The spirit here is incredible and it makes all the effort worth it. It feels  like a prison sometimes with the white skies and rain 24/7. That would be the hardest thing for me here. I would kill to watch a orange sunset on the pyramids. The compound life here gets to you sometimes. I'm getting into the groove and I can't wait to get into the field. I'll probably do these once a week. If you guys wanna ad me on messenger its just my name and my profile pic its just me looking like a goober. Jake 




No comments: