Week three went crazy quick. It feels like only yesterday that I wrote my last email. The subject of my email is a perfect representation of my last week in the mtc. I'll give a perfect analogy much like my bowl of ramen analogy. except this one is far more refined. Imagine you get sent to heππ. And you are allowed one hour in the sauna there, but you then find out it is insano style hot, and they use garbage juice to make the sauna humid. Now imagine it's crazy foggy and the fog tastes like garbage juice. You didn't go to heππ. You went to the Philippines MTC. The air is completely nasty 6 days of the week. With the exception of Sundays. We have been learning a lot of cebuano lately and it's tough. Sentences are structured completely different, and all of the pronouns and sentence markers are so confusing. After a rough day of grinding language I felt tired and burnt out. All I wanted was some crisp fresh air and a sunset. As we walked out of the classroom building we saw the best sunset since we were here. It wasn't as beautiful as it can get at home, but the air was clear and I realized there is always a silver lining to things. The devil's sauna wasn't quite as hot, and they used ramen water instead of garbage juice. Me and my district are only getting closer to each other, and the language is coming to me a little better, and I'm excited to get into the field. The food is slowly getting more and more monotonous, but I'm down to try more wacky stuff now. One of our district members lost a bet in class that he wouldn't speak English for an hour, and his punishment was he had to drink a dining concoction at dinner. It had soy sauce, tobasco, ketchup, vinegar, mustard, fermented Berry juice, and the super spicy peppers ground into it. It looked and smelled like fermented baby food. The guy who lost the bet took a sip, almost hurled, and was fine. He then told his companion (the guy that mixed the concoction) that he would give him 50 bucks to drink the whole thing. Without even hesitating he slurped it down, said "you owe me 50 bucks" and hurled it all up. I have the video but I don't think any of y'all wanna see that. I'm gonna cut it off here, but I'm sure next weeks email is gonna have a ton more stories. Don't do anything too fun without me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment