Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Oh Deer

I planted my tomatoes in a new spot this year.  They love it!  I've got the biggest tomato plants that I've ever had before and they would probably be wonderful producers.  I wouldn't know though...


Every time the tomatoes get pink, these guys show up...


Charlie does his best to scare them off with his barks and huffing, hopping, growling moves...but he just doesn't get it done.  

It's so frustrating.  I get that they are hungry, but come on!  Why can't they eat all the other stuff around this joint? 

I have been planting tomatoes here at this house for 22 years.  I've never gotten more than 3 or 4 from all my efforts.  This year, my plants are loaded with green tomatoes and I probably won't see one of them.  It's rough.

Just had to vent a bit.  I'm planting the tomatoes there again next year, but I'm also going to make a fence of some sort. 
 

I don't know if there is any animal that makes me want to cuss so much as these dirty rotten pieces of crap.  Ugh.  Get out of my yard! (That's Charlie's "go" phrase.  If he hears that, he goes wild.  Doesn't matter where we are, he hears those words and he's off on a tirade :))

No comments: