Allie and Lily talked about going sky diving together when they were really little. Today is Lily's 18th birthday and it was the day they picked to follow through with the dream.
They originally planned to go down with friends, but things fell through and I begged them to let me go with them. We drove Sharla and it was bringing me back to all the days we spent car pooling to dance. Lily was in the seat she used to ride in (because the car seats were in the other spots) and listening to their excited chatter and the music they chose to stream was making it all so nostalgic.
The ride down was hilarious. We got there super early and they were both talking non stop of the "what if's". They had to pee a million times and we took a few pics before they went in.
I was just missing her today. I know, as a nervous flyer, she'd have been freaking out. In fact, I'm sure she'd have done her best to keep Lily from doing it at all...but as they were determined, I'd like to think she would have stood there with me and delighted in the new experience they were having. We would have laughed and talked way too loud and had a great time with our girls today.
Their tandem dive partners knew that they were friends and made it so they could stick together a bit in the air. They both did gainers off the plane and got to float together a bit on the way down.
It was so fun for me to watch them come down and be so thrilled.
It was a great happy birthday event for Lily and they will both remember this for the rest of their lives.
Later that night, they were out on the field cheering their little hearts out. It was a day packed with fun adventures. So glad I could be a part of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment