Sunday, August 18, 2024

Update on the House

The framers are finished! 



Tonight, when we got to talk to Jake on the phone, Mike did it from the comfort of the upstairs. 

We love going up there to see the sunset. It's been fun to have easy access with the stairs.  We don't have to ride in the scissors lift anymore. :)




The most exciting part is this...



 Topper came over and wired in the ovens so I can bake as usual this week. It's plugged into the same outlet as the air conditioner so we can't run them both at the same time, but I'll just cool the house off as much as I can and then bake.  Should be awesome!  

People keep asking when it will be finished. I feel like I did when I was 9 months pregnant. Everyone wants to know when the baby will be here and you just don't know. No one wants that baby here more than the momma who feels how uncomfortable it is to exist with a baby who seems to be gaining weight by the day.  

Our house is uncomfortable. We are stuffed to the brim with garage stuff. We had to re-arrange the food storage room and take out all the stuff that we had stored under the stairs. So we are just stuffed to the brim with junk. It's going to be so nice to be able to put it all away and clean things up. But for now, we'll just be patient. We'll keep walking past the mess and try to ignore how annoying it is to have electric scooters charging in the hall next to our bedroom.

We just feel so lucky to be able to do all of this.  It will be so nice in the end.  And now that my ovens are plugged in, I can just chill out and be patient for the rest.

No comments: