Thursday, August 22, 2024

First Days!

First day of school for these kiddos! 


Nate was the first one out the door.  He is big man on campus now in 8th grade.

He's looking forward to orchestra and PE.  Those are his favorite classes for sure, but he's pretty happy to be going back to school.  He likes seeing his friends and having that routine.



Allie headed out next.  She didn't have to leave at 5:30 for practice, so she got to sleep in and get ready at her own pace. 

She performed in an assembly so she had to wear her cheer uniform and bring her clothes to change into.

She's looking forward to cheering at the games and making fun memories with her friends for her senior year.






Jason was the last to go. It's his second year on the bus without Nate and this year there were tons of kids at the bus stop.  It's crazy how things fluctuate in the neighborhood.


Jason is looking forward to being one of the oldest kids in elementary.  He also thinks it will be fun to change classes for the different subjects.  They rotate teachers to start getting used to having lots of different classes in middle school.

I had a dentist appointment right after Jason left, so I rushed off to that.  I didn't have any time to be alone in the house before Allie was back home for lunch with a few of her friends.

I made them sandwiches and listened as they talked about the first day.  They're a cute pack of girls.


I made Allie pose again so I could document the clothes she wore after she changed out of her cheer uniform.
Lily and Isabelle were good sports to pose with her.

Last year for all of these girlies!  I won't get emotional about it all.  I'll just be excited for them. I loved my senior year and have memories that I still look back on with happiness. So I wish that for all of them.

I hope all the kids have a great school year.

They're capable of doing well and they're such good kids.  I'm proud of them all and so grateful that they're mine.  I'll claim any friends that I can as well and look forward to watching them accomplish awesomeness.

2024-2025 school year is starting out great! Life is good.
 

No comments: