Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Show me the silver lining...

Today I spilled a huge industrial sized jar of salsa. The lid wasn't screwed on tight, I shook it...you can fill in the rest of the details.
So, as my lunch cooled, and I spent the next hour cleaning the one thing I didn't need to clean today, I decided to look for the positive. Here's my list.
  • The floor is now cleaned in a five mile radius of the spill site. (okay, so the five mile thing is an exaggeration, but you would not believe how far salsa can travel when it is shaken)
  • If the floor were carpet, I would have a huge salsa stain...I love my wood floor. (I can even identify all the little scratches and dents now, I got an extra close look today.)
  • My refrigerator is now clean, inside and out...it was open when the accident occurred (in case you wondered, the fridge was also not on the "to clean today" list).
  • While I was on the floor, I decided to clean the bottom of the cabinets...wow, those things get gross.
  • I wasn't hungry for chips and salsa when I finished...go weight loss?
  • Why burn candles? My house now smells like Pace Picante Sauce...wahoo!
  • The kids were asleep when this went down...at first, it looks like a total bummer that I had to spend precious nap time cleaning up the famous spill of July 2008 (we have a big one every month or so). But when you think of having four little feet spreading salsa to places that it didn't reach on it own, it's a silver lining. Plus, the nerves (that were already shot) couldn't take "Mom, is that salsa?" "Mom, what happened?" "Mom, can I help you?" "Mom, what does 'S*@#!' mean?"

5 comments:

lori parkhurst said...

Okay that totally stinks i'm so sorry

Johnsons said...

I love how your house will now smell like Salsa - That is tons better than some other smells out there. Good job seeing the silver lining.

Berly said...

Sue-that was not Steve. It was me. I am using Steve's computer because mine is being dumb.

Sue said...

Kim, that's hillarious...I was just shocked to see that Steve reads this!

Tara Schwab said...

Sorry about the salsa accident. That's the way it goes. More likely for us is that as soon as I do clean something especially well it gets slimed. Life with kids.