Sunday, July 6, 2008

Young Women Camp




On Monday I went to girl's camp with our ward. We are a new presidency, so I was really looking forward to camp because I wanted to bond with the girls. It was such a great experience.



We went to the Heber Valley Girl's Camp, and it was a beautiful place to go. It's 8,400 acres and was dedicated a few years ago as a place where the young women in the church can go and have spiritual experiences. They call it a temple without a ceiling.


We had waterfront, hikes, and a challenge course that was surprisingly scary for me.

I enjoyed every minute of it. The girls all got along. They told funny stories, sang silly songs, and bore powerful testimonies. I can't believe how much love I can feel for the girls in my ward.

I went home after testimony meeting, and was just in time to save Mike from the kids. Allie had painted with poo (her favorite medium), dumped laundry detergent all over herself and the house, fought with Jake, dumped dish soap all over the counter, etc. He was done, and I was refreshed. It was a really great week for me.


1 comment:

Susanna said...

I'm so jelous Sue, I practically begged my bishop to let me be a leader this year, sadly, they already had enough. I love girls camp, it is a great spiritual get-away. I'm glad you had a great time.