Monday, February 9, 2009

The Polar Express Has Been Replaced

As I have mentioned in earlier posts, Jake has been loving The Polar Express audio book. He listened to it numerous times a day, and about 3 times a night before he would fall asleep.

After many tears, I decided to let him keep it in his room long after all the other Christmas stuff was put away. I was getting sick of hearing the cd, but I love the boy...






Anyway, both of the kids love The Backyardigans and last time I was at the store, I saw a cd that we didn't already have. Little did I know, it would be the replacement for The Polar Express.



The only problem that has arisen from this new cd is that we only bought one. The kids were fighting over it like mad, so I made a copy for Allie (sorry anti-piracy people). Now each night I can hear The Backyardigans blaring from both rooms.

Goodbye Liam Neeson and The Polar Express...hello super annoying voice hitting super high notes in "The Lady in Pink".

2 comments:

lori parkhurst said...

my kids love the backyardigins too!

Berly said...

Love Backyardigans-but the songs over and over again - not so much. My kids listen to "Don't Stop the Music" from Rhiana - over and over again. Taylor absolutely loves 80s/90s rock (metallica, nirvana, ac/dc)Warren is a very happy man. Taylor actually whines and says, "NO!!" when I turn on princessy songs. What do you do? Taylor is going to be one of those teenagers with earphones and an ipod wherever she goes.