Friday, November 6, 2009

The obligatory Halloween post...

So, once again I find myself with so many ideas on what to write about, and I don't seem to make the time to write. I wanted to catch up on past things, but I also wanted to share our Halloween pictures before Thanksgiving...so here you go!

The not so wicked witch...




And the not so fierce lion...


We had a great Halloween this year. I love cute costumes and I love seeing all the neighbor kids in their costumes. Plus, I love candy. So any holiday where you can go door to door begging for candy is pretty cool in my book.


We did have a pretty funny incident on Halloween day. We did the neighborhood parade thing again and I was lazy and didn't walk all around the block with the kids. I stood at the corner and chatted while the kids made the big loop. Pretty soon I saw Allie come up the street with a big smile on her face. I looked for Jake, but I didn't see him. I walked the rest of the way with Allie, turning back periodically to look for Jake...still no Jake. I wasn't too worried because I knew he was with Carson, but still no Carson or Jake. We started eating our pizza and chatting with friends, and still no Jake. The stragglers had made it back, and still no Jake. So I went looking. I was starting to get worried. I yelled his name and asked everyone I saw if they had seen him. I finally found him going door to door and trick or treating on his own with Carson. What those people must have thought of me! (sending a 4 year old out on his own to trick or treat is generally frowned upon).


Jake didn't think there was anything wrong with the idea. He remembered about trick or treating from last year and thought he would go out and do it on his own. Needless to say, he ended up with lots of candy because he got to half the neighborhood while the rest of the kids were at the parade.
By the end of the night, their buckets were so heavy that they didn't mind when I "lightened" their loads by finding any chocolate that looked good to me.





Then, just to make me look like a cool Mom, I decided to post pictures of a few of the projects we did this month. I may not carve pumpkins with my kids (I hate the pumpkin guts), but we did make ghosts out of milk jugs and skeletons out of q-tips. That's cool isn't it?













3 comments:

lori parkhurst said...

Fun idea with the milk jugs. Their costumes were also really cute. jake did end up with a haul!

Diana said...

Great craft ideas. I hate pumpkin guts, too. I always think it's fun to see everyone's costumes on their blogs--too bad you can't add a sound byte of Allie's witch laugh.

maynardmoments said...

That is a great story about Jake. Probably scared you to death, but it is pretty funny.