Allie has been hilarious lately. It seems like I am typing up her funny conversations every day. (on "good Mom days" I keep a word file open and try to write the cute things the kids say)
Anyway, here are a few of our conversations:
Allie's dance teacher is going to have a baby and as Allie is fascinated with all things baby, we chat about it all the time. This time she said,
“Is my teacher going to have a girl baby Sam?”
Me: “I don’t know. You’ll have to ask her if she is going to have a boy baby or a girl baby.”
Allie: “Actually, I think it’s a girl baby. I’ll tell her that a good name for a girl baby is
Her baby doll is named Sherman (I really don't know why, but apparently it's great for a girl name.)
*****************************************************
We were at the table eating lunch and we saw some deer pass by the door. Allie said
“Mom, do we shoot deer?”
Me: “No, but some people do.”
Allie: “Ryan shoots deer (neighbor who got a deer this last hunt). Why does Ryan want to shoot a deer?”
Me: not wanting to explain “the thrill of the hunt”, I said “Ryan shoots deer so he can eat the meat.”
Allie: “Deer don’t have meat, they have guts.”
Jake: “Allie, you’re adorable.”
Later as I was washing Allie’s hands I said
“Allie, what am I going to do with such a cute girl?”
Allie: (thinking) “uh, you just love me and keep me.”
Me: “Forever?”
Allie: “Yeah, except sometimes when I go to dance and Grandma’s house, and then we all go to Grandma’s house.”
********************************************
When I catch Allie doing something she shouldn't be doing (eating play dough, sneaking candy, walking out the door when I told her she couldn't) she says
"Mom, just turn around". Then she continues to do what she wants.
********************************************
The kids have a hard time waiting for their birthdays. We usually spend months talking about the events surrounding their birthdays. They love to see others have birthdays, but it is hard not to get gifts too. So after each birthday, we usually run through the list…Jake’s birthday will be next, then Allie, then Daddy, then Sam, then Mom, then Jake again. Today when we went through the list, Allie said “Will Jesus make it for Sam?”I asked her what she meant, she said “Will Jesus make Sam’s birthday?” Jake said “She wants to know if Jesus will make Sam’s cake.” Before I could say anything to answer, Jake said “We’ll celebrate Sam’s birthday for him.” I agreed and said that we would make a cake and have a little party when it was Sam’s birthday.
*********************************************
It is so cute to watch them figure out this world that we live in. Today I watched Jake and Carson sled down the hill and trek back up. I found so much joy watching them be "kids". I love to see them enjoying the outside. Allie made pink snow with a squirt bottle and food coloring. We only have a skiff of snow because our house is shaded, but they love it.
Now they are asking about Christmas lights. Whenever "Grizz" next door starts to change for the next holiday, the kids get excited. I think the fun in decorating for the holiday comes from watching the kids get excited.
Anyway, I am rambling.
I love my kids...they bring me joy.
3 comments:
Allie does say some pretty funny things. I think she was blessed with a quick whit like dad. Jake is a sweet brother to her and it melts my heart to watch them play together.
Ha ha ha! Jaron says something similiar when he's doing something he's not supposed to and I find him. He puts his hand straight out and says, "Mom, go away!" Then he usually tells me to either go back downstairs, or go get on the "puter." (computer) Allie sounds hilarious... I'd love to hear a conversation between Allie and Jaron. hahaha.
You do have cute kids. I love how Allie just tells you to turn around.
Post a Comment