So, I am picky about the picture. This year I was dragging my feet because of Sam. I was sad that we really never got a picture of us all that I could feel good about blowing up in such a big frame. I felt like we would be getting pictures, and I would know that a big part of our family was missing.
So, I just didn't bring it up. Mike kept reminding me that we needed a new picture. Yes, you heard me...Mike was reminding me. I kept dragging my feet. So he kept reminding me. He would announce that we might not have another nice weekend, or that the leaves were going to be off the trees. Finally I snapped out of my funk and we went to get our pictures taken. My friend Heather took them and I am happy with the result. I took Sam's blanket up there with us and decided that in the future we will have Sam's bear in the pictures.
So, here's the big one...
the old
the new
I also have this really cool barn window that we use as a frame. The road block I faced in updating the pictures in this frame was about Sam again. I always pictured adding new pictures of each of the kids as they got older. I realized that unless I change Sam's picture out for a new one on one of the few days that he lived, his picture would stay the same. Allie and Jake (and any future children) will slowly grow up around Sam's little picture I took when he was 2 days old. That is a little sad for me. I got over it (for now at least).
So, here's that one...
the old
the new
That's all I have to say about that.
5 comments:
That picture is really beautiful. The light is amazing.
Great idea to put something of Sam in the picture.
LOVE THAT FRAME AND THE PICTURES LOOK BEAUTIFUL!! I love Sam's picture.
Well all the waiting and contenplating over the pictures was worth the wait. They look great. I love the idea of putting Sam's blankie in there.
I love the pictures and the frames. I wish I had an eye for arranging things like pictures.
The pictures frame is awesome! The picture is great too. I think it is so cute that you added Sam's blanket. It makes it that much more special and tender to look at.
Post a Comment