Sorry it's only two. I thought we had taken lots, but most of them were of him in the OR when he was gooey and not so cute. Then the others are just plain sad because he is hooked up to stuff. So here he is...
I don't know why I hesitate to write his name down. I guess I just don't feel 100% settled with it. So, I guess we reserve the right to change it.
For now, he is Nathan Joe. Joe is Mike's dad and he was able to come and meet the boy today. Pretty fun.
Anyway, he is still in the NICU and I am still here feeling like a huge part of me is missing (not just the belly that I had when I came in here.) I wish I could walk down there on my own because it's a pain to have the nurses come in and unhook everything and set me up for the walk down the hall to the elevator. I feel like when I come back to my room, I should stay here for at least an hour to let them feel like all the effort was worth it.
Nathan (I think...it still just sounds so foreign) is a good eater and a really good sleeper. I have only seen his eyes once while he was getting his bath. Oh what a cute boy he is.
The kids are sad that they can't come and visit. They have a ban on all kids under 14 until the flu/rsv season is over. We took video and pictures and that will have to do for now.
When he was first born, it looked like he only had hair on the back half of his head. It was dark, so the baldness was totally noticeable. I was pretty worried about that, but now I can see that he just has lighter, thinner hair in the front. He won't look as odd as I thought:)
When he was first born, it looked like he only had hair on the back half of his head. It was dark, so the baldness was totally noticeable. I was pretty worried about that, but now I can see that he just has lighter, thinner hair in the front. He won't look as odd as I thought:)
So there it is! Tomorrow I'll post some better pictures. Thanks for checking in on us!
9 comments:
He looks like Jake to me in the face. What a big boy! We are all so excited for you guys.
He is so cute! I liked the name Nathan. But I completely understand the unsettled feeling. I was that way with Kassie, and I still can't call her Kassandra. But Nathan fits him. Congrats you guys!
He is a Handsome boy. Great to have him here I am sure. I like the name Nathan. I think it fits him good. Congrats! I am so happy for you guys!
he is so cute! I can't wait to meet him.
Congrats!!! He's beautiful.
He looks just perfect. Congrats Sue! Hopefully he can be by your side soon. Thinking of you and your cute family...good luck with recovery!
He is finally here! Yay! He is precious! Congrats to you and your family!
That was actually from Gina ! ;).
Congrats you guys!!!
Post a Comment