He works downstairs and thinks it's colder than a well digger's butt in the Klondike down there, so I bought him a space heater for Christmas one year. I did it with the hope that he would quit super heating the upstairs in order to make his office warmer. It does seem to lesson the heat battle.
I open the door to his office some mornings to a wave of heat that rivals the sauna at the rec center.
Being pregnant hasn't helped the heat situation at all. I try to keep the thermostat at the lowest possible temperature and I have to guard it all day. On the days that Mike is home working, he'll do what I call the "heat and run". He comes upstairs without my knowledge, turns up the heat, then quickly escapes to his sauna. Then I get mad thinking that things sure have gotten hot in here and find that he foiled me again.
The kids are in on it too. I'm sure if they were tall enough, they would mess with the thermostat too. But instead, they tattle on Mike when they see him turning up the heat.
He is the one in charge of turning it up in the morning. One week when he was out of town, I didn't even think to turn it back on after the night. We went about our business in the morning and had the girls over for preschool. When we sat down for the snack, one of the girls was shivering and said "teacher, can I go get my coat. It's cold in here." I walked over to the thermostat and discovered that it was 62 degrees. I was toasty warm, but the girls were freezing :)
So what's the point of all this? Today I told Jake to go brush his teeth and found him doing this...
I guess he likes to sit where the heat is blowing out in the morning. Seriously? I can't imagine doing that by choice.
1 comment:
Kyle has issues with having hot feet. He gets mad when his feet are too hot. In the summer he puts his feet up against the wall to feel the cold on them.
Post a Comment