Guess what I did today...
I had a new baby!
I really, really wanted an October baby, but I was trying to be okay with my November 5th c-section date.
Then, early this morning, my water broke. Totally new experience for me. I had to drag a neighbor out of bed to sit on our couch while we went to the hospital. She was very kind about being rousted from her bed at 2:30 am.
My mom was kind about hopping in the car at the same crazy early hour. She had worked an early morning shift at the temple the day before and then stayed up late. She had no idea I'd be upsetting her sleeping plans.
For that matter, Mike was surprisingly kind about waking up a few short hours after falling asleep. Everyone was so good. I guess that's what "normal" labor and delivery is like. I am used to having a calm and relaxing night's sleep before and having a bag packed...all the things that did not happen this time around. I'm not complaining though.
We got to the hospital and waited around till people were ready to do the c-section. Everything went well. The baby had turned breech, so when they asked Mike if he wanted to peek over the drape and tell me the gender, he was surprised to see little legs sticking out of my belly instead of a whole body. That's been a funny visual for me.
So, the fifth baby Schwab is a boy! He is so cute. He is a Schwab baby for sure.
He makes the cutest noises and has already captured my heart.
The kids came to meet him and everyone loved him right away. Allie wanted to take him home with her instead of waiting the long few days that it will be.
Nate was just smiling and happy about things. He touched the baby's feet and that's about it.
Jake was interested in inspecting him. The soft spot on his head was a draw, as was the umbilical cord.
They all agree that he is so tiny and cute...and that we have been blessed beyond what we could have ever imagined.
We haven't completely settled on a name. It might be Jason. That's Jake's vote. I had girl names picked out...what do you do?
He is amazing though, and all day, I have been envisioning these handsome missionary boys of mine with help from Sam as they serve the Lord in their lives. I am one lucky momma.
I will post pictures when I get the cord to link my camera. I even have a few other posts coming that I made last week. Just thought I'd put it out there that we've welcomed another child of God into this world and into our family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So glad you posted, after your face book post I'd been impatient to hear the story! Glad everyone is okay and it wasn't an emergency c-section. Can't wait to see him, and good luck with a name, boys are so hard!
Congratulations!!!! I am so excited for you. Jason is a strong but gentle name. Can't wait to see the pumpkin picture. :)
Wow, congrats! He is such a cutie. Glad all went well.
Post a Comment