Sunday, October 14, 2012

Long time...

It's been a long time.  I know there aren't many who check in on us anyway, but for those who do...sorry to leave you hanging.  It's been busy, but that hasn't been a good enough excuse in the past, I don't know how I let it be lately.  I think it's because I generally write a bunch of posts during nap time or late at night.  I just haven't made time for it lately.  I have lots to write about though, so I guess I'll just have to start up again.
Some day I'll get to older events, but for now I'll start with chatting about the new baby.  I am pretty large. 
I have a c-section date of November 5th.  It's a day after I turn 39 weeks.  For a while, I was really upset about having to go so long.  I've decided that it's unfair to have a healthy baby at 36 weeks for my first child.  It makes going longer than that almost unbearable to a wimp like me.  I have made my peace though.  I am totally fine cooking this baby as long as it needs to cook.  My biggest worries before were issues with having a 5th c-section.  I have some pain from what I assume is scar tissue.  When I pick up Nate, it feels like I feel a few weeks after having a baby.  It just doesn't feel right.  (Any other c-section friends have that issue?)  I have nervous nightmares about being pregnant for so long, or going into labor and having complications, but I feel peace about that now too.  My blood pressure is right on track (unlike previous pregnancies) and the contractions basically stopped a few weeks ago.  So, November 5th it is.

I finally finished the baby blankets...one for if it's a boy and one for if it's a girl.  I am happy with how they turned out. 
 Girl...and yes, before you say it, I have been told that it looks more like a boy blanket, but I love it.

And boy.   
 Here's the lineup of all the others blankets with the two possibilities of the new baby tossed in there too.  I love them all.  Jake's is the only one that has really been loved.  Allie prefers the texture of her "soft" blankie, and Nate likes blankets with furry softness.  It will be interesting to see what this baby will like.

I don't have any clothes washed because I don't know what clothes we'll be using, but I think I'll go through them in a week or two and find all the ones that I will use on the baby regardless of what it is.  I have diapers and wipes, along with baby shampoo (something I overlooked when Nate was born).  I think we're ready. 
I'm not getting Nate out of the crib, so this baby will have to sleep in a bassinet for a long time.  I cherish Nate's good sleeping behavior and if that changes, I can't handle a new baby.  So we'll keep things as they are.  I think Jake will share a room with the new baby.  It's going to be fun.
I'm excited to see what kind of baby will fit in the final piece of our little Schwabby puzzle.  I can wish for all sorts of things like a good sleeper, or a cuddly baby with soft fuzzy hair, but really, I am just grateful that we get to have another one of Heavenly Father's choice spirits in our home.  Even as I write this, the doubts and fears creep in and I worry that they missed something big in the ultrasound, or that something else could go wrong between now and November 5th.  I can't go there though.  I have faith in Heavenly Father's plan for our family and I will go along with that plan...no matter what it is.
So, there you have it.  Three more weeks.  It's going to be a wild ride around here for a while.  I'm up for it though.  Wild rides are generally more fun...right?

3 comments:

Felt Family said...

Those blankets are beautiful!! And guess what? The brown and blue are the same colors as my daughter's room. Definitely girly! Good luck! I'll be thinking of you and anxiously awaiting he happy news! :)

Stephanie Hancock said...

I did miss your posts, I love to read what you write. It's a good breath of fresh air in the day and then I go back to hopefully be a better mom! You have my thoughts and prayers for a happy healthy baby!

Berly said...

I read it, and am so exited for you.