...and now, it's all over! I own these kids again for a few months. Nate was so happy to have them come home. We went to the dollar store before they got home and bought some silly string to spray at them when they got home. The fight lasted about 30 seconds. I think we'll have to get a few more cans next year.
I was so happy to have them all at my lunch table again. We read the second chapter of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. We decided that it would be the first book of the summer for us and started reading it a few nights before school got out. It makes me so happy to be reading it with them.
| Jason is so happy to have them home. |
They got to play for hours after lunch and then we got a babysitter for the two littles and Mike and I took the two older ones out to dinner. It was so nice to go with them alone. We got to talk and laugh during dinner and I got to eat my meal hot because I didn't have to help anyone. I asked if it was nice to go without Jason and Nate and they both said "yes" before I even finished the question. They both love those guys, but sometimes it's nice to have the attention on them instead of the wild animals that always get the attention.
We made a few goals for the summer and talked about the things that have to happen each day (rooms straight and two jobs from the list before they go out to play). I reminded them that they have to be quiet when Jason is snoozing and they promised that they would. It's going to be great.
They finished off the school year with good reports from the teachers and they were both in the top ten of their grade with AR points. I'm proud of them and glad that they are happy in school and out of it. We'll have a great summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment