Jason and Nate are my little buddies. 6 years ago when Allie and Jake were their ages, they were my buddies. I remember driving in the car and singing Backyardigans songs with Allie and Jake. They sat on both ends of the middle seat because there weren't any other kids getting into my car, so they could be separate and not be tempted to fight. I'd look into my mirror and only see Allie back there. That was a cute sight for sure, but now the boys have to sit right next to each other so the seat next to them can be down and allow access to the back seat. Now we listen to the beach boys, Taylor Swift, Kelly Clarkson, and all sorts of dance songs that make Nate sing along. Now, those two boys fight like crazy if they want to, but mostly, the view from my rear view mirror is cute. I have wanted to take a picture of that view for 2 years now. My big camera doesn't zoom out enough to get them both in the frame, so I tried it with the cell phone. I think the lady in the truck must have thought I was pretty vain because I tried for a really long time to get a picture that would work, and I'm sure she just thought I was taking a ton of selfies in the Lee's parking lot. Anyway, I love these cute boys in my mirror. I love when they try to hide from me in the mirror. I tell them that I can see their ears and they hurry to cover their ears, but that leaves their noses in sight and they hurry to cover them too. Nate has gotten smart about that and will just duck down below my sight line. We don't spend a whole lot of time in the car, but when we do, I love to hear their excitement about the cars that they see, or the airplanes that are flying around us. I love to hear them sing songs and recognize the places we are. They are just fun little buddies. The time really did fly by when Jake and Allie were my back seat passengers, so I am trying to enjoy these little friends as much as I can. I don't even mind that sometimes we have to listen to Wrecking Ball from Miley Cyrus on repeat...

No comments:
Post a Comment