Friday, March 4, 2016

Dates

We have kept up with the dates that I have talked about earlier.  The kids wouldn't let us quit even if we wanted to.  They keep track of date nights and are so excited for their own.  Jason has the hardest time waiting for his night to come, but the others are pretty good about being excited for their siblings when it is their night.  The dates seem to follow a trend.  Jake will get a Slurpee on his date night and then that sounds good to Allie too, so she'll get one.  By the time the next week rolls around, Nate has been craving a Slurpee for 3 weeks, so he's excited to get one.  Then Jason rounds it out on week 4 coming home with a Slurpee in his hands.  They have also all come home to play board games or cards for the last month or so too.  I think they have more fun playing those games one on one because Jason isn't there to mess things up and they have a 50% chance of winning the game.  (Really it's 100% chance when you are playing with me because I usually throw the game).

 Here are Allie and Dad on their date.


I have really enjoyed the dates, especially with the older kids because I feel like I don't get enough quality time alone with them.  They really are fun to talk to and I like hearing about the things they find interesting.  It's been a great addition to our lives for sure.

No comments: