Jake is a sleep walker. We used to think it was funny. It is actually quite terrifying. We were in a hotel in McCall when Mike woke me up to say that someone was knocking on the door. I have a hard time hearing a lot of tones, and I couldn't hear anything over the fan, so I told him it wasn't anything and tried to roll over and go back to sleep. Mike eventually got up to find Jake out in the hall. He had gotten up in his sleep and wandered the halls of the hotel. He woke up in the elevator and realized he wasn't in bed. Since then, we bar the doors of the hotels we stay in, and we make sure there are all sorts of obstacles between Jake and the door. That's the scary aspect of the whole thing.
It's also pretty creepy when he comes up in the middle of the night, looks around, and then goes back downstairs without saying anything.
Tonight, we had a funny one though...
Jake has a cold, so he went to bed early. Allie and I were working on homework upstairs, but she ran down to have a bathroom break. Jake knocked on the door and she told him she was in there. I heard a whole lot of mumbling and then I heard Allie tell Jake to go upstairs.
I looked over to see Jake walking up the stairs. Here's our conversation...
Me: Are you still up?
Jake: Yeah...I'm just going to bed.
Me: Then what are you doing up here?
Jake: Just trying to find a toilet for Scabbers.
(I knew right away that he was still asleep. I also knew that he had gone to bed listening to Harry Potter and that he must be somewhere in the third book. For those of you who might not know who Scabbers is, he's a pet rat).
Me: A toilet for Scabbers? Why do you need to find a toilet for Scabbers?
Jake: (mumble, mumble) Because he just needs like two toilet papers.
Me: Two toilet papers? Is that what you said? Why two?
Jake: One with Diagon Alley and another one...mumble mumble...(as he walked back down the stairs and into his room).
Allie came up and we both laughed and laughed. I know I've talked in my sleep before and when Mike tries to mess with me by asking me questions, it eventually makes me wake up and realize I'm talking about a dream that I'm having. Jake will have no memory of this. He doesn't wake up. He can function completely and have no memory of it later. He barely remembers the aftermath of the hotel fiasco. It's just so crazy! We can laugh at this story, but I really worry about him. Yikes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment