Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Flour Dust


My wheat grinder has given me a bit of trouble the last few months.  If it gets bumped at all, the container that is supposed to catch all the four, doesn't catch all the flour and it spews all over.  
I learned my lesson and I don't use it in the house anymore.

I've got it on my porch.  A few days ago, I had it grinding away and I could hear the sound change, telling me I needed to add wheat.  So, I opened the door and poof...there was flour everywhere.

I yelled out in frustration, and of course all the kids came running.  I told them not to touch anything as I went to get the broom.  Any guesses on who didn't obey?


If you guessed Nathan, you were right.  If you guessed Allie, you were also right.  And if you guessed Jason, you win a hat trick. 
It was one of those times that I was so mad that I wanted to scream.  I was mad at the stupid mess and I was mad that they hadn't listened.  I was really proud of myself though because I went to get the camera rather than yell at them.  Really, what does it matter that they drew their names in flour?  It is a memory for them and a lesson learned for me.

As for the darn grinder, I tied a rope around both the bucket and the grinder.  Now it won't separate and spew flour into every nook and cranny.  Yay!  I am smart.  Smrt.  (that was one of my dad's jokes).

No comments: