We needed to get the pipes out on the farm in Star Valley.
The littles brought us drinks and rode around on the wheeler and motorcycle.
Charlie caught a mouse and then thought it was a super fun game trying to keep us from getting it out of his mouth.
We had rain on and off and when we were about to call it a day, it really started to come down. By the time we gathered all our tools, and came down the hill, there was a beautiful double rainbow over the knolls.
I'd never seen one so low. It was pretty incredible.
Allie and the littles hurried up to the rainbow to see if they could catch a pot of gold. They said it was so bright up there.
Nathan said "it was the best rainbow I've ever seen. It was over our heads and so bright. I was glad I was there".
Jason said that the rainbow was running away from them.
It really was beautiful. I wish I could have gotten a picture that looked exactly like what we saw.
After we finished with the pipes, we took a ride to the cemetery.
Mike talked to the kids about his brother Steve.
Katie's new bench was beautiful.
On the way home, we decided to go over to Helen's house.
Mike's cousin was there with his kids and they were having a music party. Jake picked up the bass and played it as if he always had. I love that he can do that.
Allie and the littles played the tambourines. I played the guitar and Mike sung. It was pretty funny.
Helen has a book of music and everyone just plays what they know. It's a musical house for sure. It made me wish that we sat around every once in a while doing that instead of watching tv.
We had the motorhome there and one of Mike's childhood friends tried to sneak in on us to stick the horn. (when you put a stick in between the horn and the seat of a car and wait for them to come out and see what's going on). It's a bit hard to do when we're actually in the motorhome trying to sleep. :) We had fun laughing with him and his son for a little while. Mike has the funniest stories from his childhood.
It was a super cold night. I hadn't prepped the motorhome before we left, so I didn't have a whole lot of blankets. It was a restless night and then we had to get up early to get home for a meeting I had at church.
It was a fun quick trip though. Life is good!
No comments:
Post a Comment