Monday, May 20, 2019

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was lovely.  All I really wanted was happy kids for the day and to take a nap.  It was too much to ask for a picture with the kids.  We were running late for church (not really late, but late by Mike's standards...only 10 minutes early instead of 15).  Jason didn't want to be in the picture, and I'm pretty sure Nate had just gotten in trouble for being repeatedly told to get his shoes on, or something else that he wasn't doing...

It is what it is.

We did go on a lovely hike though.  The kids all had a great time and I loved it too.  Everything is so green and pretty.




I love being a mother.  Sometimes I get down on myself because I'm not doing all the things I feel I should be doing to be a good mother.  I get frustrated when I feel like I'm not doing enough to teach them to be good stable human beings.  But, I know that satan uses those feelings of discouragement to keep me from wanting to try harder.  I can't listen to that voice.  I need to keep going, and keep trying...even if sometimes I feel like I'm not teaching them anything.
Life is good.  I love each one of my kids.  I'm so grateful to be their mother.  I'm so grateful for my mother. She's pretty amazing too and I'm so glad she's mine.
Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: